Transfer Admission Guarantee
Ensure your admission to one of the top-ranked universities in the country. UC Riverside's (UCR) Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program allows eligible students to study at a California community college and have a guarantee of admission to UCR.
How TAG Works
You can make an appointment to meet with a UCR Transfer Admission Counselor to discuss both your eligibility to the University and your eligibility to the TAG program. As a community college student and TAG participant, you receive course-planning assistance from a UCR Transfer Admission Counselor. When you complete the provisions of your TAG contract, we guarantee your admission to UCR.
TAG Criteria for Fall 2013
TAG is open to all majors. To be eligible for TAG, you must meet the following criteria at the time of TAG application:
- Completed minimum 30 UC transferable semester units.
- Minimum 3.0 UC transferable GPA for all majors in the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, the School of Business Administration, and the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (except Biology and Biochemistry, which require a minimum 3.2).
- Minimum 3.1 UC transferable GPA for all majors in the Bourns College of Engineering.
- First English Composition (UC-E) course must be completed by Fall 2012. Second English Composition must be completed by Spring 2013.
- One transferable Math (UC-M) course must be completed by Fall 2012.
To receive the TAG contract:
- You must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident or AB540 qualified. International students are also eligible to receive a TAG contract.
- You must be enrolled at a California community college. Students with non-California community college coursework and/or foreign coursework may apply for TAG with no more than 60 transferable semester units of combined 4-year and community college coursework, excluding AP/IB units.
- You must submit the TAG online application at https://uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu/ during the appropriate filing period. The TAG application filing period is September 1-30, 2012 for the Fall 2013 quarter.
To guarantee your admission to UCR you must:
1. Complete at least 60 semester (90 quarter) UC transferable units by the end of Spring 2013 with the required GPA for your specific major before transfer.
2. For selecting majors, complete the selection criteria as outlined on www.assist.org. Selecting majors include Business Administration, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Plant Biology, and all majors in the Bourns College of Engineering.
3. Maintain good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher) during your last full-term of attendance before transfer.
4. Submit your UC application online during the filing period, November 2-30, 2012, at http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply.
5. Apply for your contracted major and for your contracted term.